New York, NY
Constantly striving to go above and beyond, we integrate our team seamlessly into those of our clients, creating an invaluable collaboration at a highly competitive price. Schnackel Engineers consistently delivers the most reliable, responsive and competitively priced Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection engineering services to the Architectural and Construction industry on a local and national scale.
We are looking for experienced Plumbing Engineers and Designers to join the team!
- Preparation of superior quality construction documents for plumbing and fire protection design of buildings including calculations, drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Create plumbing system and fire protection design drawings using the AutoCAD drafting program.
- Size and select appropriate equipment including plumbing fixtures, water heaters, thermal expansion tanks, pumps, etc.
- Close coordination with the Client and the entire design team including Owners, Architects, Contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with what the Client has envisioned, to ensure a fully coordinated inter-disciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained.
- Work closely with equipment vendors and manufacturers representatives for selection and specification of appropriate equipment.
- Work closely with utility companies as required by the project.
- Perform construction cost estimating when requested.
- Perform construction administration services such as answering Requests for Information (RFIs), issuing addenda or proposal requests when necessary, reviewing Contractor change orders requests for validity and reasonability, etc.
- When required by the project, perform pre-design site surveys and construction observations, including producing all required drawings, reports, etc. required to accurately convey the information gathered.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new projects including definition of the project scope, budget estimates, and design schedules.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems using industry standards and engineering calculations.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to conduct project meetings with clients and co-workers.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous plumbing design experience with an engineering consultant, and familiarity with related drawing, permitting, and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of plumbing and fire protection systems in the inter-relationship with the mechanical and electrical systems.
Back to Job Listings Apply For this Position
Permanent link to this position