Constantly striving to go above and beyond, we integrate our team seamlessly into those of our clients, creating an invaluable collaboration at a highly competitive price. Schnackel Engineers consistently delivers the most reliable, responsive and competitively priced Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Control engineering services to the Architectural and Construction industry on a local and national scale. We are looking for experienced Architectural Engineers, with a Mechanical or Electrical emphasis, to join the team!
- Preparation of superior quality Fire Sprinkler construction documents for buildings including drawings, specifications, and hydraulic calculation reports.
- Develop equipment and device layouts, details, diagrams and specifications.
- Prepare sketches and understand construction drawings; have the ability to perform field sketches to accurately convey critical dimensions, landmarks, tie points and equipment details to enable items to be included in design drawings.
- Close coordination with the Client and the entire design team including owners, architects, contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with what the Client has envisioned, to ensure a fully coordinated inter-disciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained.
- Work closely with equipment vendors and manufacturers’ representatives for selection and specification of appropriate equipment.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met
- When required by the project, perform pre-design site surveys and construction observations, including producing all required drawings, reports, etc. required to accurately convey the information gathered.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new projects including definition of the project scope, budget estimates, and design schedules.
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Protection Technology or Computer Aided Drafting Technology with Mechanical Emphasis.
- Proficient in AutoSPRINK, AutoCAD, Revit and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous fire sprinkler system design experience with a fire protection contractor or an MEP engineering consultant, and familiarity with related drawing, permitting, and regulatory requirements.
- In possession of or eligible to obtain NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) credentials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with a Mechanical or Fire Protection Emphasis.
- Previous fire alarm system design experience with a fire protection contractor or an MEP engineering consultant in addition to fire sprinkler system design experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems using industry standards and engineering calculations
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Back to Job Listings Apply For this Position
Permanent link to this position