Architectural or Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer Back to Job Listings
Constantly striving to go above and beyond, we integrate our team seamlessly into those of our clients, creating an invaluable collaboration at a competitive price. Schnackel Engineers consistently delivers the most reliable, responsive and quality-focused Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Control engineering services to the Architectural and Construction industry on a local, national and international scale.
We are looking for Architectural or Mechanical Engineers to join the team!
- Preparation of superior quality construction documents for HVAC and plumbing design of buildings including drawings, specifications, and reports
- Perform HVAC load calculations utilizing computer software; prepare HVAC and plumbing system design drawings using the AutoCAD drafting program.
- Size, select and create specifications for appropriate HVAC equipment, including chillers, rooftop units, heat pumps, etc.
- Size ductwork and coordinate routing
- Select and size hydronic systems including: pumps, pipe supports, routing, and valves
- Work closely with utility companies as required by the project
- Close coordination with the Client and the entire design team including owners, architects, contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with what the Client has envisioned, to ensure a fully coordinated inter-disciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained
- Assist in the development of proposals for new projects including definition of the project scope, budget estimates, and design schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum
- In possession of or eligible to obtain FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) or PE (Professional Engineer) credentials
- In possession of or eligible to obtain LEED BD+C credentials
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and the Microsoft Office suite
- Previous mechanical design experience with an MEP engineering consultant, and familiarity with related drawing, permitting, and regulatory requirements
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems using industry standards and engineering calculations
- Knowledge of mechanical systems in the inter-relationship with the electrical systems.
- HVAC load calculation experience with Carrier Hourly Analysis Program (HAP) or Trane Air Conditioning Economics (TRACEä) program
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Back to Job Listings Apply For this Position
Permanent link to this position